The website quranite.com is a new website and promotes the following in a nutshell:
- The Qur’an is from God – complete and preserved – and meant as guidance for mankind
- The Qur’an contains God’s proven solution for overthrowing tyranny – and that has nothing to do with implementing what Traditionalist Islam calls sharia law
- The Qur’an promotes no sect – its claim is that God alone can guide – and it calls people to serve and depend upon God alone, to turn away from sin and do good works.
The author of the website is Sam Gerrans.
Sam Gerrans is an English writer, translator, online language trainer, support counsellor, and activist.
He also has professional backgrounds in media, strategic communications and technology.
He is driven by commitment to ultimate meaning, and focused on authentic approaches to revelation and realpolitik.
He is the founder of Quranite.com – where the Qur’an is explored on the basis of reason rather than tradition – and offers both individual language training and personal coaching and counselling online at SkypeTalking.com. His personal site is at SamGerrans.com.
His principle interests are:
- The teaching and use of languages
- Strategies for authenticity and independence from conformist and authoritarian cults
- Objective virtue and meaning within solipsistic and degrading mass culture
- The Qur’an as the gateway to individual odyssey and freedom from tyranny
He is the author of The Qur’an: A Complete Revelation – a non-sectarian translation of the Qur’an into English (which may be downloaded free below). His hermeneutic method marshals reason, historical evidence, pan-textual definitions and semantic consistency to achieve a highly methodical presentation in English of the Arabic text, one unencumbered by the outcomes and dogmas which the religion of Islam assumes. The process reveals the religion of Islam as a political construct post-dating Muhammad, one neither intrinsic to his revelation nor compatible with it.
After some 15 years studying Classical Arabic, reading the Qur’an and considering its contents, he decided to make a contribution based on his findings.
His theology and worldview are predicated on the following:
- That the Qur’an is from God, complete and protected (as the Qur’an itself claims to be)
- That the religion to which Traditionalist Islam adheres is not only not native to the Qur’an, it is in obvious contradiction to both its tenor and stated objectives
- That the Qur’an holds within it clear keys to its own interpretation in the form of embedded definitions which, when applied across the totality of the text, provide results which make consistent and illuminating sense
- That the Qur’an does not promote a formulaic religion wedded to a concept of a caliphate, rather it envisages an evangelical-pietistmovement focused on warning as a means of dividing society along its fundamental fault line – that of serving God or serving something else – prior to the advent of divine retribution upon those who favour the latter
- That we are at this time transitioning into world of planned and total tyranny and that populations are being morally degraded by the ruling elite
- That this trajectory is now unstoppable, and any purely political or social action on the part of the population can be only ineffectual or even counterproductive since the psychological context is fully controlled
- That majorities are irrelevant to History; real change is the product of a few active and committed individuals
- For the few active and committed individuals to become effective they need to be grounded in Eternity; that is: to become men who fear God and not merely men who fear
- That tyrannies such as the one we are facing today have been vanquished before by men of God evoking what he calls the God protocol
- That the Qur’an provides the means and the mode for those few both to sustain themselves under – and ultimately to deal with – this tyranny by evoking the God protocol
He is aware that such a worldview is fundamentally at odds with modern conditions and conditioning. He did not set out to come to such conclusions, but has simply followed the evidence where it led and feels duty-bound to follow what is – in fact – the case, rather than what he would like to be so.
The above has been taken from the about page here: https://www.quranite.com/about/sam-gerrans/
Go to the website here: https://www.quranite.com/